As the digital landscape is rapidly evolving, it’s more important than ever to be constantly up to date with today’s essential online tools and technologies. Artificial intelligence becomes ubiquitous in various fields and we at BeCode can help you sharpen the knowledge of your ICT employees in this field. After successfully completing this training, Python and Natural Language Processing will no longer be undiscovered territory. As part of this ESF-project BeCode has developed a number of modules for ICT employees of companies who want to study the AI aspects of their job.
A project supported by
The target audience are developers in companies who want to add AI to their job. This training will not make experts in natural language processing or in AI. The purpose is to provide practical training on a specific use case from their business that participants bring to the course.
This training programme provides a starting point for using AI in a company. NLP is a common business use of AI which will give you a first hands-on experience in AI. Through this approach participants will experience a real life end-to-end AI project which will give them a greater understanding of the opportunities that AI can bring to a company, and to optimize costs and speed up operations.
During this 20 day during course participants gained experience through resolving a real life business challenge that will take them in a hands-on way through the whole trajectory of an AI project. In this case the program is set up around the classification of large quantities of documents or emails using NLP. However, the structure of the programme can also be used to tackle other AI related challenges.
1. python fundamentals
Python is the foundational language used in AI applications. In this module you’ll transfer your existing programming skills to learn Python’s syntax and good practices.
- To be able to transfer your programming skills in Python.
- To be able to program properly in Python.
2. Python advanced & data tools
A computer that can understand text? To make this happen you need to know more about Python’s advanced techniques and how to manipulate and parse huge amounts of data.
- To be able to use advanced Python tricks.
- To be able to identify the tools you need.
3. introduction to AI & NLP
AI can help your business in many ways. We’ll demystify AI to help you discover the possibilities in your own work context and we dive deeper into NLP as a frequently used AI technology.
- To find out how AI can help your business.
- To have a better idea of what NLP is and how to use it.
4. text processing
In this part you get introduced into NLP Preprocessing, it’s the first step in learning valuable application fields like Sentiment Analysis and document classification.
- To discover the most popular text preprocessing techniques and when to use them.
- To be able to practically use text preprocessing methods.
AI models like BERT and TFIDF can perform tasks such as classifying emails and documents the same way a human would. You will apply this knowhow on your business challenge during the training.
- To be able to use state-of-the-art document and email classification models.
6. model evaluation
When your model is ready, you have to test its accuracy. You’ll learn how you can evaluate the classification model that you’ve built.
- To be able to evaluate your classification model.
- To understand the metrics used for classification evaluation (F1-score, recall, accuracy, precision,…)
- To be able to identify where the model fails and how to improve it.
7. project demonstration & next steps
At the end of the training the results will be demonstrated to an audience. It’s the moment to share all the newly achieved knowledge and to think of other application possibilities.
- To share all the knowledge accumulated during the training with each other.
- To provide feedback on the training.
- Strong motivation
- Problem-solving mindset
- Having the will to learn by doing
- Having a good experience in programming
- Having experience in python is a plus but is not required
Are you interested in gaining access to the training material or in following the trajectory? Don’t hesitate to contact us.
Contact for operational questions