This Erasmus+ funded project aims at bridging the intergenerational knowledge gap between young NEETs and older SME workers throughout the European Union by offering them the unique opportunity of sharing their soft and tech skills with one another through a state-of-the-art online learning platform.
A project supported by
The Learning2gether project is financed by Erasmus+, a new EU programme for Education, Training, Youth, and Sport (2014-2020).
Goal of the project
The digital transformation has tremendously changed the way we learn and work. While younger generations are born in the digital age and have therefore an excellent knowledge of today’s tools and technologies, they do tend to lack the soft skills that could enable them to turn this knowledge into employment. On the other hand, older SME workers have accumulated a great deal of experience and soft skills but tend to have difficulties with digital tools. Learning2gethers wants to provide an answer to these two issues.
To enable both target groups to interact and share their skills and knowledge, a platform has been developed by BeCode as part of the project, along with the elaboration of curriculum in several key areas of knowledge such as personal branding, digital marketing, GDPR and social media for business, among others.
After piloting the different modules in a face-to-face setting with NEETs and older SME workers, the platform and the content of the curriculum have been adapted and improved in order to better fit the needs of both groups.
This project targets 50+ SME workers and NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) youngsters under 25.
- November 2018 – April 2019: Intellectual output 1 – Background research on NEETs and SME workers.
- April 2019- December 2019: Intellectual output 2 – Piloting with NEET youngsters.
- December 2019 – June 2020: Intellectual output 3 – Piloting with older SME workers.
- June 2020 – November 2020: Intellectual output 4 – Piloting of the Circles mentoring methodology.
- November 2020 – March 2021: Intellectual output 5 – Elaboration of the e-learning platform.