We are currently looking for a career coach for our campus in Brussels. As a career coach you will be responsible for supporting, coaching, and motivating the BeCode’s Juniors during their training and internship. You will make sure the Juniors are fully prepared to successfully start their internship and to launch their careers. You will be the referent for our partners who provide internships and jobs. You are the bridge between our students and the job market.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensuring that all juniors secure an internship at the end of their training:
- Constant farming and interactions with BeCode partners to analyse their needs regarding internships & jobs opportunities.
- Assessing requirements from the job market : needs & trends (by regular contacts, research, participation to networking events,…).
- Keeping close relations with all companies from BeCode network and making sure to keep the business community up to date.
- Matchmaking between the opportunities and requirements of the companies and the technical and soft skills of the juniors. The matchmaking will be done in collaboration with the Head of Region.
- Ensuring that the juniors successfully complete their internship and can be employed at their internship position.
- Follow-up of Internships integration and feedback from partners.
- Coaching of the juniors – making sure the Juniors are fully prepared to apply for their internship and/or job:
- Being regularly present in the classrooms to get in contact with the juniors as from the beginning of their training.
- Assessing their soft skills and coaching them into core soft skills improvement.
- Organizing workshops on internship / job preparation : CV / cover letter / interview preparation / applications follow up / … (in collaboration with BeCode partners).
- Ensuring continuous individual coaching alongside the training to allow efficient matchmaking at the end of the training.
- Keeping an eye on the psycho-social wellbeing of the juniors during the training.
- Continue individual coaching during the internship to ensure internship to job conversion.
- Follow up after the internship.
You will report to the Head of Region. Part-time allowed (min ⅗).
As a member of BeCode you are expected to
- Be an excellent team player and support the others whenever you can.
- Nurture the solution mindset: each problem represents an opportunity.
- Contribute to our continuous desire to improve ourselves.
- Embrace BeCode values of social inclusion and fair treatment across gender, races, religions and all the differences that make us all humans.
We are looking for an enthusiastic career coach with following experience and skills:
- At least 2 years working experience with a good understanding of the IT Job market in Brussels.
- Strong soft skills: empathy, ability to listen carefully, etc.
- Strong communication & motivational skills.
- Fluent in both English and French. Knowledge of Dutch is a strong plus.
- Experience in the social sector is a plus.
- Knowledge in web development, AI and DevOps is an asset.