About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience: Mid-Level, Senior
Do you have web/mobile development skills? Do you like people? BeCode hires coders to coach our students in Antwerp. Interested ?
- Several years of work experience in any field, especially in IT and as teacher/mentor.
- Already developed applications (for web or mobile).
- A high proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Someone who likes to help people.
- Someone who likes to share knowledge.
- A real team player.
- Someone who wants to grow as a person, but also wants to help others to grow.
As a coach at BeCode you will help self-taught people to carve their own way in the web landscape and to develop their hard skills in programming and the soft skills required to thrive in a company. To be the best guide, we at BeCode also attach importance to your own development as a programmer and coach.
Your daily tasks will be:
Individual coaching of each junior through 1-on-1 interviews and assessment.
- Coaching the group to integrate the dynamics of mutual help, collective intelligence and constructive thinking.
- Animate the group in a project-based and active learning methodology
- Helping each junior to develop his or her soft skills as much as his or her coding skills.
- Assisting each junior in gaining that first professional experience (internship or job).
- Follow-up of client projects, hackathons and group projects.