Do you have hands-on work experience in DevOps & cyber security? Do you want to help people change their life by mentoring them into becoming junior DevSecOps? BeCode is hiring trainers for our DevSecOps bootcamp in Antwerpen.
Responsibilities & duties
As a coach at BeCode you help ‘juniors’ to find their own way in the IT landscape and develop their coding and problem-solving skills. Your daily tasks will be:
- Designing an educational path adapted to your juniors and preparing an introduction to the challenge.
- Coaching each junior individually through one-on-one conversations and assessments.
- Coaching the group to integrate the dynamics of mutual help, collective intelligence and constructive thinking.
- Helping every junior develop his or her soft skills as strongly as his or her coding skills.
- Assisting each junior in gaining that first professional experience (traineeship or job).
- Following up on customer projects, hackathons and group projects.
- Being involved in the development of internal tools.
Are you the new team member that we’re looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic DevSecOps coach with following experience and skills:
- You have experience with the command line and how to manage a system from a textual user interface.
- You have some developer background (backend specifically) and are able to audit code for vulnerabilities or overall bad practices.
- You master at least two scripting languages: sh, bash, Python, Nim-Lang, etc… Ideally, sh or bash and then another one.
- You have battlefield tested knowledge of the operational side of projects, meaning you know how to manage deployment (services, websites, etc…), continuous integration and virtualization.
- You aim at implementing security and good practices in all the project you work on both at the development and server levels.
- A working knowledge of English and ideally Dutch.
- Someone who likes to help people.
- Someone who likes to share knowledge.
- A real team player.
- a professional role model.
You can use the following technologies: