As a career coach you will be responsible for supporting, coaching and motivating the BeCode’s juniors (learners) during their training and internship. You will make sure the juniors are fully prepared to successfully start their internship and launch their careers. You are the bridge between our learners and the job market.
Would you like to have an impact on hundreds of people currently distant from the job market, helping them to take the first steps towards a new life? Are you people-driven and looking to give social meaning to your work? This opportunity is for you!
Responsibilities & duties
As part of your duties as a career coach, you will ensure that all our juniors are ready to do an internship at the end of their training by:
- Assessing requirements from the job market: needs & trends (by regular contacts, research, participation in networking events,…).
- Doing the matchmaking between the opportunities and requirements of companies and the technical and soft skills of the juniors, in collaboration with the team.
- Ensuring that the juniors successfully complete their internship in order to be employed at their internship position.
- Following-up on internships integration.
You will also coach our juniors to ensure they are fully prepared to apply for their internship and/or job. In doing so, you will:
- Be regularly present in the classrooms to get in contact with the Juniors as from the beginning of their training.
- Assess their soft skills and coach them into core soft skills improvement such as professional attitude, solution mindset, and the 10 BeCode soft skills framework.
- Organize workshops on internship and job preparation : CV / cover letter / Interview preparation / applications follow up / … in collaboration with BeCode partners.
- Ensure continuous individual coaching alongside the training to allow efficient matchmaking at the end of the training.
- Keeping an eye on the psycho-social wellbeing of the juniors during the training.
- Continue individual coaching during the internship to ensure job conversion.
- Follow up after the internship.
We are looking for an enthusiastic career coach with following experience and skills:
- At least 2-3 years working experience, preferably in recruitment, HR, professional coaching, with understanding of the IT job market.
- Strong soft skills amongst them empathy, ability to listen, patience, proactivity, solutions oriented, team player.
- Flexible, with strong communication & motivational skills.
- Fluent in both English and French.
- Knowledge in GitHub, web development and AI is an asset.
As a member of BeCode you will be expected to contribute to our continuous desire to improve ourselves and embrace BeCode values of social inclusion and fair treatment across gender, races, religions and all the differences that make us all humans.
The job in a nutshell
- Team: Career Coaching, Wallonia.
- Reporting to: The Head of Region Wallonia.
- Based in: Liège, traveling in Wallonia/Brussels will be required in post-covid to support teams and/or projects.
At BeCode, we have 1 mission: enabling tomorrow’s digital talents to blossom. We believe that education makes anything possible. Since 2017, BeCode has been offering inclusive coding bootcamps to job seekers to start their career in the ICT sector as a web developer, AI data operator, DevSecOps developer, SAP end-user, or SAP consultant. And we won’t stop there. Read more about our pedagogical pillars and our social mission!