Our trainers are learning sherpas, who know shortcuts in the mountains our learners (also called juniors) have to cross to acquire the necessary soft and hard skills required by the job market. By using our pedagogic framework of 7 pillars and leading the entire group of juniors onto the other side of the mountain safe, they help our juniors to start a bright career in the digital world.
Alone we move faster, together we go further.
Responsibilities & duties
As a coach, you’ll guide the juniors of your web development promotion to their new career path, using the active pedagogical framework:
- Provide well-structured learning and consolidation challenges to create a trajectory of learning situations based on active learning methodologies such as maïeutics, project-based learning, self-tuition, learning by teaching, etc, in order to meet the ultimate objective of learning autonomy.
- Enforce, facilitate, monitor, and support the group in its rituals: workshops, watches, standups, etc.
- Create the mutual help dynamics within the group of learners: fostering collaboration over competition and group decision processes.
- Assess the progress of learning (through written code reviews, consolidation challenges, and OpenBadges certification… ).
- Identify and address individual learning difficulties, provide individual follow-ups whenever it is needed during the training.
- Stimulate juniors’ participation in code learning events, hackathons, external projects, meetups, and technological watches.
- Follow-up on all administrative tasks and participation in tasks related to the enrolling, training, and recruiting of juniors by properly keeping a log about meaningful interactions, taking the daily attendances, participating in selection interviews and events to promote our training.
- Support learners in their efforts to obtain an internship/job.
You will also participate in BeCode’s daily life and development by:
- Participating in enriching the pedagogical reflection of the BeCode pedagogy, through openness, collaboration, and co-creation with our community of trainers via various tools.
- Support on various projects that are in the pipeline of our projects, based on your interests and the company’s needs.
- Supporting AI and WebDev classes.
Are you the new team member that we are looking for?
The successful Coach reaches the KPI of 80% positive exits six months after the end of the bootcamp. To achieve that, we are looking for someone who:
- Can demonstrate working experience. This can be as a Web Developer (Front / Back / Fullstack) in a company or in IT Education for example.
- Is able to ship complex dynamic websites and web applications into production.
- Is comfortable using project management tools (such as Trello), Google Suite and Linkedin.
- Is comfortable working in English, fluency in Dutch. French is an asset.
- Is able to move in Flanders (and more broadly in Belgium) if needed by the company (projects, supporting other teams promo, etc) even if the main campus will be Ghent to start.
BeCodians have our social mission at heart. In order to achieve their mission, we expect our coaches to:
- Respect and commit to our 10 BeCode soft skills: team player, leadership, team manager, solution oriented, customer oriented, change enthusiast, public speaker, continuous learner, copywriter, Reliable.
- Demonstrate a genuine passion for helping people improve their skills using our active pedagogy.
- Show patience and empathy: you have good listening skills and are able to level with learners and colleagues to understand their perspective, free of judgements.
- Be a learning enthusiast: you are passionate about technology and learning, you monitor breakthroughs in your field and share them with your colleagues and learners.
The job in a nutshell
- Team: Coaches Brussels.
- Reporting to: The Head of Region Brussels.
- Based in: Brussels.
- Travel: Out of covid time, you might have to travel/work in the other BeCode’s campuses depending on specific projects and the company’s needs (Antwerp, Ghent, Charleroi, Liège).
At BeCode, we have 1 mission: enabling tomorrow’s digital talents to blossom. We believe that education makes anything possible. Since 2017, BeCode has been offering inclusive coding bootcamps to jobseekers to start their career in the ICT sector as a web developer, AI data operator, DevSecOps developer, SAP end-user or SAP consultant. And we won’t stop there.