About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Company size: 11–50 people
Company type: Private
Do you have web/mobile development skills? Do you like people? BeCode hires coders to coach our students in Brussels. Interested ?
- Several years of work experience in any field, especially in IT and as teacher/mentor.
- Already developed applications (for web or mobile).
- A high proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Someone who likes to help people.
- Someone who likes to share knowledge.
- A real team player.
As a coach at BeCode you will help self-taught people to carve their own way in the web landscape and to develop their hard skills in programming and the soft skills required to thrive in a company. To be the best guide, we at BeCode also attach importance to your own development as a programmer and coach.
Your daily tasks will be:
- Individual coaching of each junior through 1-on-1 interviews and assessment.
- Coaching the group to integrate the dynamics of mutual help, collective intelligence and constructive thinking.
- Animate the group in a project-based and active learning methodology
- helping each junior to develop his or her soft skills as much as his or her coding skills.
- Assisting each junior in gaining that first professional experience (internship or job).
- follow-up of client projects, hackathons and group projects.
About BeCode VZW
The people at BeCode fight tooth and nails every day to help motivated people change their life by entering a career as digital developer. It is a completely free training. BeCode is financed by private companies and (some) public funding.
At BeCode, the coach is a Sherpa, a guide who provides a safe environment for their learners to fail (and thus learn), and build self confidence. An environment in which the group becomes a family as mutual help and kindness are key ingredients of the pedagogy.
As a sherpa, the coaches act to turn the group into a team with a “go-getter” mentality. They know shortcuts to lead the whole group – not just those who have it easy – onto the other side of the “learn coding” mountain safe, where a bright career in the digital world awaits the junior. The only way forward is to help each other, as the coach does not give new briefings before everyone finishes the current one.
- We provide coaching to our employees
- You will have a social impact
- We are technology-agnostic