DigiBasics is a project managed by BeCode, Beego and Close The Gap. Together, we want to reduce the risk of digital exclusion by providing second-hand devices, digital skills workshops and customized mobile support in Ghent, Antwerp and Brussels. Starting from the BeCode campuses in these cities, DigiBasics focuses on the low-skilled, people on low incomes, the over 55s and the non-professional population.
To manage this project amongst the 3 campuses, we are looking for a Project Manager.
Responsibilities & duties
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the project on BeCode’s side on the 3 campuses: Ghent, Antwerp and Brussels.
- Managing the stock of laptops and tablets to distribute to the targeted public
- Organizing events and info sessions linked to the project
- Looking for partners who can lead us to the right public. That includes physical visits to their places and project’s presentation
- Following up proactively the KPIs linked to the project
- Managing the reporting cycle
Are you the team member we’re looking for?
We are looking for someone willing to take their next career step in a non-profit company driven by a social mission that is really important: changing the life of our learners by helping them to (re)launch their career in the IT sector.
You need to:
- Have already a first experience in project management
- Be organized and structured, willing to strive to work as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Be an excellent team player and support the others whenever you can
- Be passionate about people and have good interpersonal skills
- Entertain the solution mindset: each problem represents an opportunity
- Demonstrate patience, rigor and ability to learn and adapt
- Speak Dutch and English, French is an asset
- Experience and knowledge of tools such as Google Suite or Trello is an asset
This role could be a full time if you combine it with the role of Administrative Assistant in Ghent or Antwerp (see job section).
As a member of BeCode you will be expected to contribute to our continuous desire to improve ourselves and embrace BeCode values of social inclusion and fair treatment across gender, races, religions and all the differences that make us all humans.
At BeCode, we have 1 mission: enabling tomorrow’s digital talents to blossom. We believe that education makes anything possible. Since 2017, BeCode has been offering inclusive coding bootcamps to jobseekers to start their career in the IT sector as a web developer, AI data operator, DevOps developer, Cyber Security Analyst or SAP consultant. And we’re just getting started. Read more about our social mission and our pedagogical pillars.