As administrative assistant, you are responsible for the proper treatment of the learners’ administrative processes for our Ghent campus. This should take about 50% of your time. The remaining 50% of your time will be dedicated to the management of the project ‘digibanken’, by DigiBasics.
DigiBasics is a project managed by BeCode, Beego and Close The Gap. Together, we want to reduce the risk of digital exclusion by providing second-hand devices, digital skills workshops and customized mobile support in Ghent, Antwerp and Brussels. Starting from the BeCode campuses in these cities, DigiBasics focuses on the low-skilled, people on low incomes, the over 55s and the non-professional population.
This role is a very diversified one, turned towards communicating with many stakeholders, supporting our learners to make sure their personal administrative situation is under control and managing a project that helps to reduce the numerical gap in our society.
Responsibilities & duties
As administrative assistant, the following responsibilities will be yours:
- Demonstrating administration excellence related to the learners: training and internship contracts, attendance rates, follow up based on the learner’s personal situation and have it documented in adequate and required tools (Trellos, MyBeCode, VDAB, …)
- Providing all required information about trainees to the relevant partners (public agencies, teams) in a GDPR-compliant way
- Managing the aftercare of our learners and supporting insights collection from customer journey data flows in order to deliver the required reporting and support in evaluating our impact.
- Organizing the Raad der Wijzen taking place on a regular basis, involving relevant partners
- Participating in selections and to the launch of the new classes to participate actively in the campus’ life
Regarding the management of the digibanken project, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the stock of laptops and tablets to distribute to the targeted public
- Organizing events and info sessions linked to the project
- Looking for partners who can lead us to the right public. That includes physical visits to their places and project’s presentation
- Following up proactively the KPIs linked to the project
- Managing the reporting cycle
Are you the team member we’re looking for?
We are looking for someone willing to take their next career step in a non-profit company driven by a social mission that is really important: changing the life of our learners by helping them to (re)launch their career in the IT sector.
You need to:
- Have already a first experience in administration or project management
- Be organized and structured, willing to strive to work as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Be an excellent team player and support the others whenever you can
- Be passionate about people and have good interpersonal skills
- Entertain the solution mindset: each problem represents an opportunity
- Demonstrate patience, rigor and ability to learn and adapt
- Speak Dutch and English, French is an asset
- Experience and knowledge of tools such as Google Suite or Trello is an asset
As a member of BeCode you will be expected to contribute to our continuous desire to improve ourselves and embrace BeCode values of social inclusion and fair treatment across gender, races, religions and all the differences that make us all humans.
Team: Junior Coordinators
Based in: Ghent
Working hours: full time
Workplace: min 1 day per week in Ghent, 1 in Antwerp and 1 in Brussels
Starting date: ASAP
At BeCode, we have 1 mission: enabling tomorrow’s digital talents to blossom. We believe that education makes anything possible. Since 2017, BeCode has been offering inclusive coding bootcamps to jobseekers to start their career in the IT sector as a web developer, AI data operator, DevOps developer, Cyber Security Analyst or SAP consultant. And we’re just getting started. Read more about our social mission and our pedagogical pillars.