At BeCode, we have 1 mission: enabling tomorrow’s digital talents to blossom. We believe that education makes anything possible. Since 2017, BeCode has been offering inclusive coding bootcamps to jobseekers to start their career in the ICT sector as a web developer, AI data operator, DevOps developer, SAP end-user or SAP consultant. And we won’t stop there.
Our trainers are learning sherpas, who know shortcuts in the mountains our learners (also called juniors) have to cross to acquire the necessary soft and hard skills required by the job market. By using our pedagogic framework of 7 pillars and leading the entire group of juniors onto the other side of the mountain safely, they help our juniors to start a bright career in the digital world.
Alone we move faster, together we go further.
Responsibilities & duties
As a coach, you’ll guide the juniors of your AI promotion to their new career path, using the active pedagogical framework:
- Provide well-structured learning and consolidation challenges to create a trajectory of learning situations based on active learning methodologies such as project-based learning, self-tuition, learning by teaching, etc, in order to meet the ultimate objective of learning autonomy.
- Enforce, facilitate, monitor and support the group in its rituals: workshops, watches, standups, etc.
- Create the mutual help dynamics within the group of learners: fostering collaboration over competition and group decision processes
- Assess the progress of learning (through written code reviews, consolidation challenges and OpenBadges certification… )
- Identify and address individual learning difficulties, provide individual follow-ups whenever it is needed during the training
- Stimulate juniors’ participation in code learning events, hackathons, external projects, meetups and technological watches
- Follow-up on all administrative tasks and participation to tasks related to the enrolling, training and recruiting of juniors by properly keeping a log about meaningful interactions, taking the daily attendances, participation in selection interviews and events to promote our training…
- Support learners in their efforts to obtain an internship/job
Learn more about our Active Pedagogy here.
You will also participate in BeCode’s daily life and development by
- Participating in enriching the pedagogical reflection of the BeCode pedagogy, through openness, collaboration and co-creation with our community of trainers via various tools.
- Support on various projects that are in our projects pipeline, based on your interests and the company’s needs.
Are you the new team member that we’re looking for?
BeCodians have our social mission at heart and demonstrate a genuine passion for helping people improve their skills using our Active Pedagogy. You are someone who:
- Has hands-on work experience in practical Data Science / AI projects involving Machine Learning, NLP or Computer vision.
- Masters shell scripting, the Python language and is able to train learners on it;
- Knows and uses various libraries used in the field of Artificial Intelligence : Scikit-Learn, Pandas, Numpy, TensorFlow for example;
- Knows the different models of Machine Learning and Deep Learning;
- Knows and uses different tools: Terminal, GitHub, Windows / Linux and is comfortable using project management tools (such as Trello), Google Suite and Linkedin.
- Is comfortable working in English
- Show patience and empathy: you have good listening skills and are able to level with learners and colleagues to understand their perspective, free of judgements.
- Be a learning enthusiast: you are passionate about technology and learning, you monitor breakthroughs in your field and share them with your colleagues and learners.
Travel: we expect our colleagues to be able to move around our different campuses if needed.