We have rolled out BeCode activities across multiple locations in a very lean and agile way these past 4 years. As a Head of Region, your role will be to safeguard successful development & delivery of services across the Walloon region, including people management, operational management, development of a local stakeholder network and contributing to BeCode’s strategic development.
Responsibilities & duties
As Head of Wallonia, your responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment and onboarding of team members
- Day-to-day coordination, guidance and coaching of the team, maximizing the team’s potential and outcome, including performance review process and career development
- Management of employee relations & conflict when applicable
- End-to-end responsibility on all operational coaching activities, local commercial & fundraising activities, ensuring quality of rendered services in accordance with BeCode’s values, brand and communication guidelines, pedagogical framework and key processes
- Coordinate campus training’s schedule and requirements (BeCode’s core trainings and upskilling/reskilling projects) and ensure conversion with the team.
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies – including public procurement compliance in case of subsidized projects
Contribute to BeCode’s strategic development
- Co-design of BeCode customer journey & program development.
- Continuous search for subsidies possibilities within the region and manage regional P&L to safeguard financial sustainability
- Participation in additional projects contributing to the development of the entire company
- Present BeCode to local communities (private & public partners) to ensure good relations with existing partners and the development of new partnerships
- Represent BeCode towards local key stakeholders
- Design and manage Wallonia’s long term strategy based on the market needs
Are you the new team member that we are looking for?
We are looking for a dynamic new team leader for Wallonia, driven by our social mission, with a heart for social entrepreneurship.
On top, you need to:
- Have 2+ years of experience in people management, team coaching
- Be able to speak fluently French and English
- Have the ability to lead and inspire teams and peers
- Have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships
- A solution-oriented mindset to embrace a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
And to demonstrate…
- That you are an excellent team player and support the others whenever you can
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Entrepreneurial mindset and customer service orientation
- Project Management skills
You win extra points already if you have…
- Previous experience in a social enterprise context
- Understanding of Dutch
- Interest in coding and knowledge sharing
As a member of BeCode you will be expected to contribute to our continuous desire to improve ourselves and embrace BeCode values of social inclusion and fair treatment across gender, races, religions and all the differences that make us all humans.
The job in a nutshell
Examples of KPIs for this role:
- Impact: number of applicants / conversion rate, number of trainees in training, diversity targets, drop-out rate, positive outcome
- Financial sustainability
- Employee satisfaction
- Team: Wallonia
- Based in: Liège, Charleroi and Brussels. Homeworking allowed on a regular basis
- Working hours: Full time
- Starting date: As soon as possible.