Do you have hands-on work experience in DevOps & cybersecurity? Do you want to help people change their life by mentoring them into becoming junior DevSecOps? BeCode is hiring a trainer for our DevSecOps bootcamp in Antwerp!
Responsibilities & duties
Coaching learners into junior Ops is your challenge! You will help our learners to find their own way in the IT landscape and develop their coding and problem-solving skills. But what does this entail for you? You will:
- Design a stimulating educational path adapted to your juniors and prepare an introduction to the challenges.
- Coach each junior individually through one-on-one conversations and assessments.
- Coach the group to integrate the dynamics of mutual help, collective intelligence and constructive thinking. You will help them help each other through our Pedagogical framework.
- Help every junior develop his or her soft skills as strongly as his or her coding skills.
- Assist each junior in gaining that first professional experience (traineeship or job).
- Follow up on customer projects, hackathons and group projects.
- Be involved in the development of internal tools, selection of learners and marketing events.
In the end, you will help juniors turn their lives around by giving them the chance to become IT professionals. What’s more rewarding than that?!
Are you the new team member that we’re looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic DevSecOps coach with the following experience and skills:
- You have experience with the command line and how to manage a system from a textual user interface.
- You have some developer background (backend specifically) and are able to audit code for vulnerabilities or overall bad practices.
- You can use the following technologies: Python, DevOps, Security, Terminal, Bash and you master at least two scripting languages: sh, bash, Python, Nim-Lang, etc… Ideally, sh or bash and then another one.
- You know how to manage deployment (services, websites, etc…), continuous integration and virtualization.
- You aim at implementing security and good practices in all the projects you work on both at the development and server levels.
- Working knowledge of English and ideally Dutch.
As a member of BeCode you will be expected to contribute to our continuous desire to improve ourselves and embrace BeCode values of social inclusion and fair treatment across gender, races, religions and all the differences that make us all humans.
The job in a nutshell
Team: Coaches Flanders.
Reporting to: The Head of Region Flanders.
Based in: Antwerp.
Travel: Out of covid time, you might have to travel/work in the other BeCode’s campuses depending on specific projects and the company’s needs (Brussels, Ghent, Charleroi, Liège).
At BeCode, we have 1 mission: enabling tomorrow’s digital talents to blossom. We believe that education makes anything possible. Since 2017, BeCode has been offering inclusive coding bootcamps to jobseekers to start their career in the ICT sector as a web developer, AI data operator, DevSecOps developer, SAP end-user or SAP consultant. And we won’t stop there.