You want to get started, but you don't know how?
You’ve always had this little idea in the back of your mind but you thought that it was unattainable? 6 weeks of training, women only, to discover different digital professions and to launch your projects.
Ready to get started?
With the Hackeuses Club, we aim at women because, even if the world of technology has nothing to do with gender, many women are reluctant to enter the field when they see that it is predominantly male.
It’s a shame to think that half of humanity is using tools that were not created by them, don’t you think? Moreover, the world of new technologies offers a lot of career opportunities in a multitude of fields. Even without prior work experience or a diploma, it is possible to learn quickly and get a job!
Where and when?
Registrations deadline: 27 September 2022
Selections: 4 & 5 October 2022
Start training: 11 October 2022
End training: 19 November 2022
Registration deadline: 2 March 2023
Selections: 7 March 2023
Start training: 14 March 2023
End training: 21 April 2023
This is what you’ll gain
- Better understanding and being able to choose one of the different career paths in IT (web development, IY support, UX Design, Artificial Intelligence, DevOps/SecOps, project management, etc.).
- Being comfortable with your computer and using it effectively.
- Using collaborative tools that are important in today’s market (Google Drive, Trello, CMS, etc.).
- Training your soft skills: speaking in public, working in a team, feeling comfortable in your work, daring to ask others for help, giving and receiving feedback.
- Creating your own digital identity (LinkedIn, Medium, etc.).
- Understanding the basics of technical English.
What you’ll learn and how
1. The field
week 1 & 2
You can’t possibly decide which digital career path you want to pursue without delving into the wonderful world of IT first! In this module, we will introduce you to today’s essential online tools and teach you how to use them safely!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Understanding data and information.
- Using digital tools to interact, communicate and collaborate with others.
- Creating online content while staying in line with copyrights.
- Protecting your computer and files.
2. Digital career exploration
week 3, 4 & 5
Once you have a better understanding of today’s digital landscape, it’s time to discover the different paths you can take in IT. In this module we, therefore, help you discover a wide range of jobs by exploring all main aspects of the digital world through the lifecycle of digital products.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Identifying the target audience.
- Managing a project.
- Identifying technical needs.
- Branding and designing.
- Creating a digital marketing plan.
- Mock ups (low and high fidelity) and user testing.
- Google Sites and Google MyBusiness.
3. Preparing the next steps
After having discovered the paths that you can take, it’s time to decide what direction you want to go in. And we are more than happy to guide you to identify the path that best fits your needs via personalized career coaching!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Personalized coaching to decide the next steps.
- To be over 18.
- To be registered as an unoccupied job seeker with Le Forem.
- To have a basic knowledge of computers (know how to switch on/off the device, how to communicate electronically).
- To have an affinity with the digital field and the desire and motivation to kick-start a career in this domain.
A diploma isn’t required!
They did it already
“I would advise women who think it’s a guy’s job to try it out for themselves, to follow a training to see whether or not they like it. And if you do like it, just go for it. Break down the barriers and do not worry about how society and the people around you will react. If you feel like it, you just have to go for it. That’s what I did and I don’t regret it.”
‘I would tell a woman who is hesitant to take the plunge that she can create anything with web development. In all the languages that she’ll learn, she’ll have the opportunity to talk to other people. There’s room in the creative process, there is room to meet other people, and you never stop learning in this domain. In IT, there are always new languages, new frameworks, new libraries popping up. This allows you to exchange with others around the world, to learn new things.”
For this training Accenture, Telenet, Orange, SD Works, Digital Wallonia, Le Forem and Wallonia are joining forces to offer new perspectives, and above all an innovative way of learning, making careers in a cutting-edge sector more than just a dream.
How to register?
Fill out our form. That will enable us to get to know you a bit more. No tricks here, just be as you are!
2. Practice on Pix (optional)
You don’t feel entirely ready to start the adventure? Then go to Pix to do some fun exercises. This step is not mandatory.
Once you have filled out the registration form, come and meet us during our selection days. Don’t worry, it will be fun and not as stressful as it sounds.